TALLADEGA, AL - While the greatest drivers in the world will be competing on Talladega Superspeedway on April 27-29 during an incredible tripleheader weekend (GEICO 500, Sparks Energy 300, General Tire 200), fans will have the opportunity to hit the pavement first and drive their personal car around NASCAR's biggest and most competitive track earlier in the week during "Drive Days."
On Tuesday (April 24) and Thursday (April 26), "Drive Days" will offer participants to take their street legal vehicles for three thrilling laps at highway speed behind a Talladega Safety/Pace truck on Talladega's 2.66-mile, 33-degree high banks for just $50. Times are:
• Tuesday, April 24: 12 Noon-4 pm CDT (Staging begins outside Gate 9 at 11:30 am CDT)
• Thursday, April 26: 10 am-2 pm CDT (Staging begins outside Gate 9 at 8:30 am CDT)
Those interested in participating will need to stage at the outside entrance to Gate 9 which is located at the Turn 3 crossover entrance. Look for directional signage upon arriving on the property.
Other guidelines for the two days include:
• TSS Emergency Services will determine the number of vehicles that will be on track at one time
• Participants that do not abide by TSS rules and regulations will be removed from the race track surface and property
• Participants/Vehicles observed by TSS Emergency Services or staff dropping back or lagging behind and exceeding the paced highway speed will be removed from the race track surface and property
• No Passing allowed
• No vehicles allowed in/on top groove/lane of the race track
• Participants/Vehicles determined by TSS Emergency Services or Staff unsafe or unfit will not be allowed onto the race track surface
• Participants must remain in vehicle at all times once they enter the race track surface
Participants behind the wheel must be 19 years of age or older, and once on the track, remain in vehicle at all times. Each vehicle must be equipped with enough seatbelts for all passengers. No motorcycles, RV's or tractor trailers will be allowed on the track. Cash or credit card will be acceptable upon arrival. For more information on this event, call 855-518-RACE (7223).
The "Drive Days" kick off a full week of activity at the historic venue, culminating in three exciting motorsports events - the General Tire 200 for the ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards (Friday, April 27), the Sparks Energy 300 for the NASCAR Xfinity Series (Saturday, April 28), and the GEICO 500 for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (Sunday, April 29). For ticket information, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 855-518-RACE (7223).
--- Talladega Superspeedway ---